This job has Expired
Coordinator of Student Support ESOL/ AE
Full Job Description
General Statement of Duties
The Coordinator of Student Support coordinates and delivers services supporting student success for the MassLinks Adult Education Online Academy. This position coordinates and delivers individualized, small, and large group activities supporting the following functions of the MassLinks program: (1) Enrollment Management (2) Career Planning and Job Placement Services (3) Academic Support and Student Success (4) Academic Planning and Post-program Transitioning (5) Personal Planning and Support Services. The Coordinator of Student Support maintains superior knowledge of funder policies and procedures. This position also maintains superior knowledge of internal and external support services and fosters strong partnerships with colleagues and community partners to facilitate access to a broad network of support services for students enrolled in the MassLinks program. The Student Support Specialists assists with the assessment and data management needs of the program as assigned by the President's Designee and performs other duties as assigned in support of Student Success for the MassLinks program.
- Develop and record comprehensive career development plans for students enrolled in courses overseen by the Department of Adult Education including the MassLinks Adult Education Online Academy;
- Utilize superior knowledge of statewide priority industries identified by the Workforce Skills Cabinet to coordinate the creation of comprehensive academic and career plans;
- Utilize superior knowledge of academic programs offered at Massachusetts' Community Colleges to coordinate the creation of comprehensive academic and career plans;
- Incorporate regional Labor Market Information into academic and career plans;
- Support regular outreach to individuals and groups of individuals interested in enrollment in Adult Education programming at MassLinks. This outreach will be conducted remotely using phone and/or video conferencing technology (Zoom, Google Meet, WebEx etc.)
- Support individual and group intake activities for the MassLinks Adult Education Online Academy. These activities will be conducted remotely using phone and video conferencing technology (Zoom, Google Meet, WebEx etc.);
- Support the summative assessment needs of the program;
- Coordinate and provide assistance to students transitioning to credit-bearing academic coursework at MWCC or their local community college. This assistance will be provided through remote advising services conducted via phone or video conferencing technology (Zoom, Google Meet, WebEx etc.);
- Utilize technology consistent with high-quality academic advising services at MWCC;
- Utilize the technology required of Adult Education programs in Massachusetts;
- Utilize everyday technology to effectively and efficiently coordinate and deliver high quality academic and career counseling services to students of the adult education program;
- Utilize technology to meet the enrollment and career development needs of potential and currently enrolled students within the Adult Education department;
- Apply their knowledge of student support services at MWCC to make appropriate and timely referrals to support student success;
- Apply their knowledge of regional support services (state-funded, community-based, etc.) to make appropriate and timely referrals to support student success;
- Collaborate with staff at partner agencies to ensure eligible individuals access services across agencies in North Central Massachusetts.
For Complete Union Specifications please click HERE
- Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, Social Welfare, Counseling, or closely related field;
- Three (3) years experience and/or training that includes counseling, personal/academic advisement; non-traditional student interaction, welfare procedures, or program management; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Master's Degree in Education or closely related field;
- Experience developing/delivering outreach and communication plans;
- Experience with web-based technology and communication toolsl
- Experience with shared document systems (MS365, Google Workspace for Education, etc.);
- Previous experience working with adult learners
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
In-house Title: Coordinator of Student Support (ESOL/AE)
**Actual Salary determined by education, experience and any applicable grant limitations per the collective bargaining agreement
Employee Status: Full Time Grant Funded
Hours per Week: 37.5
Number of Weeks: 52
Mount Wachusett Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*