Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Reconcile receipts with purchase requisitions.
- Maintain stock level in work area.
- Process orders from requisitions, identify chargeable accounts and effect stock rotation.
- Recommend recoder quantities or times for stock items.
- Transport and deliver stock utilizing two four wheel carts or pallet trucks.
- Issue stock items such as hardware, glassware, laboratory supplies, food and chemicals. Identify stock using codes and item numbers.
- Package for shipment all types of stock and equipment.
- Assist in reconciling stock shortages and inventory.
- Clean, assemble, dissemble and distribute equipment and stock items. Inspect items for damage and completeness.
- Record items received, dispensed or returned and perform item counts.
- Clean assigned area of work and equipment.
- A resume is required to be considered for this position. Applications submitted without a resume will not be considered.
- High school diploma, GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical activities such as, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching, etc.
Ability to perform a wide range of physical activities such as, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching, etc.
Work days: Monday thru Thursday
Shift start/end times: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the AFSCME union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of five calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the sixth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
COVID-19 vaccinations are required for all students, faculty and staff working in the following areas: Michigan Medicine including the Medical School, Dental School, University Health Service or the Mary A. Rackham Institute. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*