How to Apply
A resume is required for consideration for this position. Applications submitted without a resume will not be considered.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 26,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings.
Duties including but not limited too:
- Receive merchandise and verify freight bills or packing lists from vendors and report discrepancies to a designated authority.
- Maintain stock level in work areas.
- Process orders from requisitions, identify chargeable accounts and effect stock rotation.
- Recommend reorder quantities or times for stock items.
- Transport and deliver stock utilizing two and four wheel carts or pallet trucks.
- Identify stock using codes and item numbers.
- Package for shipment all types of stock and equipment.
- Load and unload stock from railway cars and motor vehicles.
- Assist in reconciling stock shortages and inventory.
- Clean, assemble, disassemble and distribute equipment and stock items.
- Inspect items for damage and completeness.
- Record items received, dispensed or returned and perform item counts.
- Clean assigned area of work and equipment
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must have the ability to speak and understand English.
- Must be able to perform a wide range of physical activities including pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching, etc.;
- Must be able to read and write English; Must be able to follow instructions
This position is 40 hours per week
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the AFSCME union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
COVID-19 vaccinations are required for all students, faculty and staff working in the following areas: Michigan Medicine including the Medical School, Dental School, University Health Service or the Mary A. Rackham Institute. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*