132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
Director Clinical Education, Respiratory
Job Summary:Â Responsible for all clinical aspects of the educational program, including: management; administration; continuous review, analysis, and revision; planning; development; and general effectiveness of the clinical portion of the program. Works collaboratively with and is accountable to the program director, department chair, and deans. There will be a minimum of 40% administrative release time per semester to perform the administrative responsibilities.
- Must have earned at least a baccalaureate degree from an academic institution accredited by a regional accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE).
- Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist for a minimum of four (4) years.
- Must have at least two (2) yearsâ€™ experience in clinical respiratory therapy.
- Must have two (2) yearsâ€™ experience teaching in an accredited respiratory therapist program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
- Must hold and maintain: valid Pennsylvania respiratory therapist license; current BLS and ACLS certifications and current AARC membership.
- Valid Driver's License - some travel may be required.
- Pennsylvania respiratory therapist license
- BLS and ACLS certifications
- AARC membership
- Please note that this position is required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm (and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range:Â no less than $53,088
Job Specific Task List:
- Teach didactic and laboratory courses as assigned by the Program Director and/or Dean. - (Essential)
- Make recommendations to the Program Director for changes in lecture and laboratory content. - (Essential)
- Maintain communication with the Program Director related to clinical, didactic, and laboratory matters. - (Essential)
- Coordinate the clinical and laboratory component of the program in accord with the Program Director. - (Essential)
- Make recommendations for textbook changes. - (Essential)
- Schedule and coordinate clinical instruction. - (Essential)
- Serve on college-wide committees. - (Essential)
- Advise and counsel students enrolled in the clinical portion of the program. - (Essential)
- Maintain laboratory inventory. - (Essential)
- Make recommendations to the Program Director in matters of capital, supply and software procurement. - (Essential)
- Review and make recommendations to the Program Director for revision of assigned courses. - (Essential)
- Consult with the Program Director on all course revisions/changes in order to maintain program consistency and accreditation status. - (Essential)
- Advise the Program Director in matters related to the hiring of clinical instructors. - (Essential)
- Maintain student records in accordance with program policy. - (Essential)
- Evaluate part-time clinical and lab instructors in accordance with program, college and CoARC policy - (Essential)
- Maintain program policies as written. - (Essential)
- Maintain accreditation standards as established by the CoARC - (Essential)
- Assist the Program Director in maintaining program goals and standards as approved by the CoARC. - (Essential)
- Assist the Program Director in the evaluation of NBRC credentialing examinations for program review. - (Essential)
- Assist the Program Director in conducting course and program assessments in accordance with the college's outlined procedure. - (Essential)
- Assist the Program Director in the preparation of the following reports and surveys as directed.
- a. CoARC annual report
- b. CoARC self_study
- c. Student, graduate, employer and advisory committee surveys - (Essential)
- Attend advisory committee meetings and record minutes. - (Essential)
- Assist the Medical Director in communication with clinical affiliates prior to clinical rotations. - (Essential)
- Conduct clinical instructor workshops (in-service education) prior to the start of each semester in compliance with program and CoARC policy. - (Essential)
- Train new clinical instructors in coordination with the Program Director and in compliance with program, CoARC, and college policy. - (Essential)
- Develop the clinical instructor-operating budget. - (Essential)
- Assist the Program Director in marketing/recruitment. - (Essential)
- Maintain regular and consistent contact with students, faculty, and clinical affiliates regardless of location. - (Essential)
- Coordinate lab competency testing outside of class time. - (Essential)
- Assume any additional responsibilities assigned by the Program Director, Department Chair, or the Campus Dean. - (Essential)
- Travels to clinical sites Prepares and provides instruction for given course load Builds and maintains relationships with outside entities Ensures compliance with college, clinical site, and industry policies and procedures
- Coordinate, plan, organize, and instruct academic courses according to approved course syllabus.
- Provide high quality and consistent academic instruction to students.
- Provide high quality academic support and advising to students.
- Keep students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance requirements.
- Keep students informed about their progress through the prompt grading of papers and other work.
- Maintain accurate and complete scholastic records, including attendance records.
- Maintain scheduled office hours.
- Ensure that assigned classes are held as scheduled.
- Organize and maintain class work and assignments.
- Strive for the qualities delineated in the criteria for faculty evaluation used by the college.
- Be thoroughly familiar and comply with all college policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interact with and respond to students in an effective and professional manner to maintain a positive learning experience and environment.
- Work in a professional, collegial, and team-oriented manner. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*