132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
Adjunct Faculty Positions
Carroll Community College seeks well-rounded and energetic instructors to teach Adult Basic Education and GEDÂ® Preparation classes in person in Westminster, MD. Classes run Tuesday and Thursday 9:15 AM â€“ 12:00 PM or 6:15-9:00 PM. The adjunct instructor is responsible for teaching adult learners with a variety of academic skills in reading, writing, math, social studies, and science.
The ideal candidate will have a background in education, experience teaching adults, and experience using technology in instruction. Bachelorâ€™s degree required; masterâ€™s degree preferred.
This position involves a light to medium level of physical effort which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate - Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity - Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices and campus environments. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; observance of college vehicle policies when driving; and observance of College policies.
This position is placed on the non-credit adjunct faculty pay scale.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply:
Interested applicants must email aÂ resume and letter of interest.
The application deadline for this position is March 30, 2023.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV, or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*