132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
Strategic Initiatives Project Director
Full Job Description
Strategic Initiatives Project Director serves as the lead for the Collegeâ€™s Moonshot for Equity partnership. In addition to the initiatives outlined in this partnership, the project manager provides strategic leadership and administrative oversight for researching, developing, implementing, and maintaining a range of successful practices for supporting a college climate that values and prioritizes equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. These initiatives aim to close the achievement gap through a holistic evaluation of institutional functionality and student support and success measures.
Performs all functions and activities within the guidelines and philosophy set forth in the BMCC Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan.
- Maintains sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Project lead for Moon Shot for Equity initiative and serves as the point of contact.
- Engages with key internal and external stakeholders around community college equity programs and efforts.
- Project lead providing direction to the activities and facilitating information validation and decision-making process for cross-institutional task forces.
- Provides support to the team leads for each of the strategies within the Moon Shot for Equity initiative.
- Ensures initiatives and projects adhere to suggested/established timelines. If problems arise, communicate and assist in developing pathways for success.
- Works collaboratively with partners internal and external to the and ensures effective communication between all partners.
- Manages regular college-wide meetings bringing together key stakeholders as it relates to each initiative and provide feedback, advice, and project updates to BMCC stakeholders.
- Creates long-term and short-term plans and set targets for milestone and adhere to deadlines for strategies and initiatives.
- Partners with Student Services, Office of Instruction, and other key departments to support project initiatives related to various initiatives to include but not limited to efforts such as: diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice, improving transfer pathways, academic mapping, reform remediation /development education, comprehensive academic advising, and other efforts that support student success and retention.
- Manages implementation, marketing, and utilization of the yearly diversity climate campus survey results.
- Develops mechanisms for assessing how well the institution is meeting the equity objectives. Works in collaboration with Institutional Researcher to identify and assess appropriate metrics to gauge progress and improvement of initiatives.
- Prepares reports and presents to stakeholders regarding the institutionâ€™s progress toward achieving the goals outlined by each initiative.
- Works with campus leadership to incorporate initiative goals and commitments.
- Attends all meetings related to each college initiatives assigned.
- Creates synergy between departments and programs by helping coordinate equity efforts.
- Engages with key stakeholders to coordinate efforts and ensure progress on goals, objectives, and strategies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Experience with change management understanding effective strategies for transforming an organization.
- Knowledge of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Ability to build consensus and work through competing interests while navigating the political landscape.
- Skilled in cultivating a common vision.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with demonstrated results in leveraging insights into important decisions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal to no supervision in a highly complex, intense, confidential, and fast-paced environment.
- A strong manager who can determine priorities based on what is most important to our studentâ€™s success and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously while meeting all dates and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty, and staff.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and exhibit a positive image for BMCC at all times.
Other Aspects of this Position
- Must be able to travel as needed to support programs at outlying centers and for professional development, valid driverâ€™s license required.
- Requires a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in business administration, project management or related fields.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) speaking and writing ability preferred.
This is a full time, grant funded position with excellent benefits including: Medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death & dismemberment, and long term disability insurance; Paid holidays; Sick leave; Vacation; and Tuition waiver for employee and qualified dependents.
Salary Range:Â $59,337.00 - $72,000.00 DOE
This position is opened until filled, first review of complete applications isÂ Thursday, March 30, 2023.
APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE:
Upload the following documents to your application. Please be sure to include all requested documents and supplements outlined below BEFORE you submit. You cannot upload after submission. Applications that are incomplete will not be reviewed and will be discarded appropriately:
Transcripts of course work - graduate and undergraduate (if applicable) unofficial are acceptable for the application process; and
Cover letter addressing how you meet the minimum qualifications as outlined in the position description;
Please contact Human Resources (541-278-5837) if you have a special need/accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Blue Mountain Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer. For complete EEO disclosure statement please go to www.bluecc.edu/EEO.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*