Finance and Data Strategic Analyst
Finance and Data Strategic Analyst
Full Job Description
Just a few of the Benefits enjoyed by PPIL employees…
-Company subsidized premiums on Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
-Up to 12 weeks Paid Parental Leave for eligible employees
-Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
-Mission focused work
-401k with employer matching
-100% company-paid Life Insurance
-100% company-paid Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
-Robust Employee Assistance Program
-Professional Development awards and opportunities
-Flexible Spending Accounts
-Free Medical Services at PPIL
Finance & Data Strategic Analyst
Under the direction of the Controller, this Analyst will develop tools and practices to: (1) project outcomes from potential business scenarios; (2) identify opportunities for improving operations and financial outcomes; (3) assist with the interpretation of financial and service data, analyze results using statistical techniques; and (4) help ensure data-based decisions and proactive responses to mitigate risk. Through these efforts, the Analyst will support and promote a team-based, customer-focused, results?oriented service model that achieves business, operational, clinical and financial goals.
1. Inform and guide business analysis and business development efforts by providing reliable outcome data, rigorous pro forma projections, and targeted scenarios analyses, such as:
a. Trends Analysis: accumulate, organize, and manipulate quantitative data to identify and explain trends, problems and their causes. Compare, contrast and combine information to determine underlying issues.
b. Financial Modeling: Create and track financial models, forecasts for expenditures, income, complex financial modeling – US GAAP vs. cash basis accounting comparisons.
c. New Business Analysis: accumulate and validate data to establish the need for a new or expansion of a health center, service line, location or elimination of such.
d. Manage, triage, and fulfill internal and external data analytical requests.
e. Revenue Cycle Management: EPIC datamining for revenue reporting, lookback analysis, automation, service cost analysis, denials management and Electronic Data Interchange initiatives.
f. Breakeven Analysis: establish a monthly BE analysis process per health center to augment targeted marketing and scheduling.
g. Systems Enhancements and integration: Enhance existing systems to include financial data per visit, per procedure as captured in EPIC and NetSuite, systems upgrades.
h. Budgeting Data Source: accumulate data, analyze trends that augment budget assumptions and processes.
i. Cost Benefit Analysis: analyze costs for systems (modules) and usage to establish a basis for cost versus benefit.
2. Prepare professional written and oral presentations of key data and financial analysis.
3. Liaise with staff on metrics and analysis; use data in real-time to develop and execute plans.
4. Support senior management team in setting goals and selecting appropriate measures to monitor progress of operational programs.
5. Support the launch of new business operations initiatives/projects; support training, implementation, and monitoring/evaluation efforts.
6. Create and deploy custom solutions that enable leaders and key business users to link operational performance data to outcomes.
7. Construct and maintain customized frameworks that enable leaders to link data and outcomes to management and resource allocation decisions, incorporating the needs of all aspects of the business into the framework.
8. Coordinate and implement projects and special projects related to data and financial evaluations, operations, and reporting.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
10. Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPIL core values of access, activism, care, confidentiality, diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, self-determination, and stewardship; practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear and use the phone. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to key in data, handle, or feel and reach. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Status: Full-time, exempt from the overtime provision of wage and salary regulations.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. Superior written and verbal communications skills required. Must have experience working as a financial data analyst or business data analyst. Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy. Must possess an ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
Professional and Personal Qualities:
Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by knowledge of finance principles – understanding of operating statements, balance sheet and cash flow dynamics. Also must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills Ability to present data, financial, and written materials in a competent, efficient manner in dealing with the various levels of agency finance and non-finance personnel.
Must demonstrate initiative and independence of action in performing the responsibilities of the position. Must be able to manage many projects simultaneously and prioritize workload appropriately. Possess the ability to adapt quickly to new systems and a changing business environment. Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
Demonstration of effective interpersonal and organizational skills, including ability to work with diverse groups of employees at all levels. Possess excellent customer service skills and commitment to providing the highest level of service to all internal and external customers. Must be able to problem solve and multi-task effectively, follow through with complex assignments, and work under time constraints. Strong time management skills needed. Be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, with strong skills in Microsoft Excel; candidates may be asked to take a short assessment demonstrating proficiency. Be willing to participate as a team member and work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends, as required.
Planned Parenthood works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff based on factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, income, marital status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chicago, IL 60602: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Accounting/finance: 2 years (Preferred)
- medical office: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Chicago, IL 60602
- Health insurance
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*