This job has Expired
CCV Part Time Faculty - Fundamentals of Engineering and Design - Fall 2023
The Community College of Vermont seeks applicants for a part-time faculty position to teach Fundamentals of Engineering and Design for the Fall 2023 semester at the CCV Montpelier Academic Center.
Every year Community College of Vermont employs nearly 800 part-time faculty to teach its courses at 12 locations statewide and online, and we are always looking for enthusiastic, knowledgeable teachers. All faculty work part-time with a maximum of three courses each semester.
Our Mission: The Community College of Vermont, a Vermont State College, supports and challenges all students in meeting their educational goals through an abiding commitment to access, affordability, and student success.
Day/Times:Â Wednesday, 8:30 AM - 11:15 AM
Semester Dates:Â 8/05/2023 - 12/18/23
This project-based course will provide a hands-on introduction into the iterative design process for students interested in entering various engineering fields. Class experiences will focus on critical analysis of real-world problems, developing design solutions, and evaluating their effectiveness. Students will work in teams, explore interdisciplinary solutions, and effectively communicate results. Recommended prior learning: basic computer skills and College Algebra level learning are suggested.
1. Compare career opportunities and educational pathways for various engineering fields (i.e. civil, mechanical, electrical, etc.).
2. Discuss and use tools such as 3D modeling, rapid prototyping tools, laser cutters, and 3D printers.
3. Identify and discuss relevant challenges that face communities, the environment, or industry and introduce potential solutions through individual and collaborative problem solving.
4. Critically analyze real world challenges and engineer solutions.
5. Use relevant design principles to create solutions to technical challenges.
6. Design, test and evaluate prototypes.
7. Use principles of the scientific method to enhance and modify prototypes from original design.
8. Document and reflect on learning, challenges, and other insights gained through journaling and group process.
9. Communicate iterative design process to an audience of stakeholders.
Advanced degree or Bachelor of Science (with significant experience) in manufacturing, design, engineering or automation with experience running equipment such as 3d printers and laser cutters.
CCV values individual differences that can be engaged in the service of learning. Diverse experiences from people of varied backgrounds inform and enrich our community. CCV strongly encourages applications from historically marginalized and underrepresented populations. CCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer, in compliance with ADA requirements, and will make reasonable accommodations for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant.
Additional Information:Â All new full-time employees and certain part-time employees will be subject to a fingerprint-supported criminal background check. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of this check.
Application Instructions:Â Â In order to be considered, please submit a complete application package which includes our online employment application, cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references at:Â https://ccv.edu/learn-about-ccv/employment/
This general outline illustrates the type of work which characterizes the job classification. It is not an all-encompassing statement of the specific duties, responsibilities and qualifications of individual positions assigned to the classification.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*