Program Supervisor (Bilingual; Clinical, Administrative, Programmatic)
Organization: Joe Torre Safe At Home
Location: New York, NY
Joe Torre Safe At Home helps children heal from interpersonal trauma through clinical intervention and education. Our focus includes intimate partner violence (e.g., domestic violence, teen relationship abuse, etc.), sexual violence (e.g., assault, stalking, etc.), child abuse, and community violence. Safe At Home’s signature program, Margaret’s Place, is a comprehensive school-based program designed to help students, faculty, and families cope with violence and traumatic events through an array of prevention and intervention services. Currently, Safe At Home operates 20 Margaret’s Place sites, five of which are located in New York City.
The Program Supervisor will oversee all services provided by clinical staff at three NYC school-based programs. The Program Supervisor will provide direct administrative, programmatic and clinical supervision. The Program Supervisor will provide support and guidance to clinical staff to ensure successful delivery of services to youth exposed to violence. The position requires familiarity and compliance with all relevant agency and state licensure regulations. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of violence intervention and prevention work. The candidate must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
This position is hybrid – much work will be performed remotely in combination with on-site meetings and supervision.
- Provide clinical and administrative supervision to Program Staff, and maintain up-to-date clinical supervision records.
- Provide support and guidance for crisis intervention cases.
- Assist with staff training, arrange professional development, and conduct performance appraisals.
- Assist in developing and implementing clinical material for program components (e.g. counseling groups, school-wide campaigns, etc.).
- Assure compliance with program and grant expectations, including funder requirements.
- Review clinical records to ensure compliance with federal, state, and city regulations for services and licensure.
- Review clinical records to ensure compliance with internal data collection and management systems.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the MP sites.
- Maintain mutually supportive partnerships between Margaret's Place staff and host site leadership.
- Act as point person for MP Program host sites.
- Foster collaborative community partnerships.
- Manage program budgets.
- Coordinate special events as they relate to Margaret's Place staff and participants.
- Ensure all sites have materials and equipment needed to provide program services, including program start-up and ongoing ordering.
- Provide direct services to target populations (e.g., workshops), as needed and appropriate, to assist in meeting grant deliverables.
- Assist in onboarding new staff.
- Provide coverage for services, supervision, and site visits across all boroughs as needed
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Art Therapy, Mental Health Counseling, or a related field, from an accredited program.
- Active, unrestricted NY-license in a behavioral health discipline (e.g. LCSW, L-CAT, LMHC, etc.).
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in the field
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- An understanding of trauma, violence prevention, and victimization.
- Experience providing culturally-sensitive services and working with a diverse population.
- Experience with reporting on program deliverables included in funding contracts.
- Knowledge of school-based program delivery preferred.
- Exhibit creativity in approach to job tasks and challenges, and be self-motivated.
- Ability to manage multi-faceted programming and competing demands.
- Strong clinical, organizational, and oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible, and to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Exhibit professional and ethical behavior.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
SALARY and BENEFITS:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical/dental/life insurance
- Vacation, sick and personal days
- 401k match of 6% (after 6 months)
- Other benefits.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume.
The Joe Torre Safe at Home Foundation provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, partnership status, disability, genetic information, alienage, citizenship, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence/stalking/sex offenses, and unemployment status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Master's (Required)
- supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- Active NY-license: LCSW, L-CAT, LMHC, etc (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
- Health insurance
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*