37044150 - SR-MM-GARCIA LAB
|Classification Title:|| |
|Job Description:|| |
The newly created Center for Inflammation Science and Systems Medicine (CISSM) at the University of Florida-Scripps Institute for Biomedical Innovation & Technology, is seeking an outstanding molecular biologist for a postdoctoral position to work in multidisciplinary projects related to lung biology and disease. The successful applicant will be part of the Garcia Laboratory that combines molecular, cell, animal modeling and lung biology techniques with gene and protein analysis to explore molecular basis of inflammatory lung diseases. A high level of self-motivation and participation in a collaborative team is required.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
1. RNA and DNA molecular manipulation as extraction from multiple tissues, enrichment/purification. Sample throughput and library preparation for NGS.
2. Biomarker detection in human specimens using ELISA and electrochemiluminescence multiplex detection.
3. Genotypification techniques and gene expression techniques such as RTPCR for mRNA detection quantification.
4. Conduct Bioinformatic analysis of lab assays. pipeline that includes: data manipulation for quality control, de nova assembly mapping and alignment using Cufflink, Cuffmerge, assembly, TopHat, Bowtie, HTSeq-count, DESeq and DESeq2. Experience in using R and RStudio for visualizing data of the (Cuffdiff or DESeq output data for differentially expressed genes.
5. Conduct analysis of genotype/phenotype data association in PLINK.
|Expected Salary:|| |
$55,000 - $60,000 annually
|Minimum Requirements:|| |
Requires a Ph.D. or M.D. degree in a relevant scientific/medical discipline.
|Preferred Qualifications:|| |
Ability to design, organize and execute complex experiments.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|| |
For consideration, applicants must upload a cover letter and resume.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/ .
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
|Health Assessment Required:||No|
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*