Vice President of Philanthropy
Vice President of Philanthropy
Full Job Description
PPSWCF is seeking a philanthropy professional to join one of the most important fights of this era. The fight for our fundamental right to bodily autonomy.
Working with Planned Parenthood is a special responsibility. Driven by our conviction that access to essential health service has the power to change lives, change communities, and change this state as we fight every day for truth and care for all. Our team and our donors are deeply dedicated to a vision of the world where everyone has the freedom, power, and knowledge to live their best life. Their passion for this mission is profound and it is reflected in their philanthropic giving.
Our team is seeking a philanthropy leader who will bring energy, creativity, commitment, and vision to the philanthropy program at Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida. Our territory includes 22 counties from Brevard to Pasco to Collier and represents about 50% of the population of Florida. The VP will work directly with the CEO and Board of Directors as well as serving on the organization strategy and vision team.
We have a very active and engaged donor community including several Friends Councils and a robust event schedule,all of which engage the community with our mission and movement. The large and varied philanthropy program is carried out by a dedicated team of ten professionals from major gift officers to event coordinators. We raise over $6 million each year providing essential resources to our health care, education, and advocacy work.
We strive to create a work environment where everyone thrives and is engaged in creating a just and equitable workplace, which includes a commitment to inclusive leadership and collaborative decision making.
We believe that with the right philanthropy leader we can take even bolder steps to fulfill our vital mission.
Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida Inc. (PPSWCF) was founded in 1966 with a health center in Sarasota, Florida. Our mission is to create a community where everyone has the freedom, knowledge, and power to achieve their optimal sexual and reproductive health.
Health Education Programs
Our health education programs include a robust Peer Education program, direct education program to at risk youth, and community engagement programs throughout the region. We have seven health education staff members that lead these efforts.
Health Care Services
PPSWCF provides a wide range of health care services to over 50,000 people annually including:
· Birth control
· STI testing and Treatment
· Cancer screenings
· Pap tests and breast exams
· Miscarriage management care
· Abortion services, both medical and surgical
· Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy
We have nine physical health centers and a growing telehealth care center.
Government Relations and Advocacy
Our Government Relations and Advocacy division includes a network of college advocacy groups and community engagement groups throughout the twenty-two counties in central and southwest Florida. Additionally, we work with local governments to ensure communities members have access to Planned Parenthood health care and education services.
Must be willing to advocate for the mission of Planned Parenthood. Must be dedicated to providing outstanding customer service. Demonstrate understanding of and a strong personal commitment to reproductive rights, goals, and PPSWCF’s principles and philosophies.
PPSWCF is committed to an anti-racist culture, solidarity, and is working towards increased equity, inclusion, and belonging for all people. As an employee of PPSWCF you will be required to commit to creating a culture where we embed and embrace these initiatives.
The VP of Philanthropy will be responsible for the fundraising program for PPSWCF and serve as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team. This position will oversee all aspects of the fundraising program. This position will promote a culture of giving in which board and staff members are fully equipped as ambassadors, embracing their roles as an integral part of the affiliate’s philanthropy efforts. The VP will work with the Board and other external constituents to increase participation in philanthropy initiatives and events. Furthermore, the VP will develop goals for all work plans and budgets which align with Affiliate’s current strategic plan.
· Develop and oversee goals and strategies for affiliate fund raising program.
· In close cooperation with affiliate President/CEO and Board committee, develop comprehensive fund-raising program to include major donor identification, cultivation and solicitation; individual, foundation, and corporate giving; public funding; special events; and donor communication and stewardship.
- Develop and administer annual philanthropy plan. Report progress to CEO/President and Board.
- With CEO/President and Volunteer/Board Committees, oversee special campaigns and initiatives.
- Work withCEO/President and VPs to evaluate program needs and goals to strategize private and public grant proposals. Assure grant preparation and reporting requirements are met.
- With Directors of Philanthropy and other leaders within the Philanthropy team, oversee planning, staffing, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation of philanthropy program.
- Oversee implementation of major donor cultivation/recognition events.
- Work with CEO/President and determine fundraising approach and goals for each distinct community.
- Serve as a member of Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s professional network of development leaders.
- Maintain current awareness of local, regional and national fund-raising trends through issues evaluation, networking and conferences/training.
- Act as staff liaison as requested and assigned to Board Committees and community activities.
- Represent affiliate at off-site events and functions, as needed.
- Advocate for sexual and reproductive rights and voluntary family planning.
- Member of Senior Leadership Team.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities (KSAs):
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 10 years management experience. Experience in a similar medical setting. MBA a plus.
- Development background.
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and training skills.
- Skilled in large and small group dynamics.
- Preferred experience leading a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers.
- Grant writing experience.
- Supervisory and budgeting experience, financial analysis, resource management.
- Computer literate with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Reliable transportation for travel throughout the Affiliate territory.
- Florida driver's license and proof of automobile insurance.
- Occasional travel throughout Florida for conferences/trainings and air travel out of state to attend National Conferences.
Salary Range Disclaimer The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of PPSWCF's total compensation package for employees.
Planned Parenthood of Southwest & Central Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida is a Non-Smoking Employer
Additionally, PPSWCF also maintains a drug-free workplace policy. Therefore, an offer of employment is contingent upon receiving favorable results on a pre-employment drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $115,000.00 - $197,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- How large of a staff have you directly managed?
- What is the largest campaign you have directly overseen?
- Can you please provide your personal email address if not listed on your resume?
- If selected, employment is contingent on candidates passing a criminal background check, level II fingerprinting background check, and drug screening. Please answer “yes” if you are willing to take a drug test and undergo a criminal background check.
- How many years of developing and overseeing goals and strategies for agency fund raising programs do you have?
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*