This job has Expired
Assistant to the President
Full Job Description
Assistant to the President
Community College of Aurora
Community College of Aurora
Salary:Â $55,000.00 - $58,000.00 Annually
Job Type:Â Full-Time
Job Number:Â 2100880-2
Location:Â 16000 East CentreTech Parkway Aurora, CO
THIS POSITION IS OPEN ONLY TO CURRENT COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF AURORA (CCA) EMPLOYEES. IF YOU ARE NOT A CCA EMPLOYEE YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
OVERVIEW OF CCA
The Community College of Aurora serves our diverse community by providing high-quality instruction and support services to prepare students for transfer and employment. We are particularly interested in applicants that demonstrate a commitment to working with individuals and groups from diverse identities, including but not limited to: socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, gender identity expression, disability, multilingual learners, veterans, non-traditional, race and ethnic backgrounds
We actively promote a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry. CCA enrolls 11,000 students annually, over 62% of whom are students of color, including nearly 32% Hispanic students, 65% of CCA students receive some type of financial aid, including 52% of whom receive Pell grants, and nearly two-thirds are first-generation college students.
More than 20 different languages and 60 countries are represented at CCA. In addition to traditional degree and certificate programs, CCA offers non-credit professional development courses, customized training, and economic and workforce development resources to employer partners and individual professionals seeking to enhance the capacity and productivity of their workforce or individual knowledge and skills. The college centers diversity, equity, and inclusion and we actively seek to employee partners who want to join us in working to reducing outcome gaps among our diverse student population.
The Assistant to the President serves as a vital support system to the college President, working closely with the Chief of Staff to provide executive level administrative support. This position acts as a primary point of contact for the College Advisory Council, President's Cabinet, faculty, staff, students, and Colorado Community College System staff on all matters related to the Office of the President.
Under the direction of the Chief of Staff, the Assistant to the President handles both internal and external constituent inquiries with professionalism and efficiency.
The Assistant is responsible for the management of the Office of the President including coordination of college-wide functions; development of appropriate processes and procedures consistent with the administrative policies, guidelines and procedures of Community College of Aurora and the Colorado Community College System.
The Assistant to the president is responsible for drafting correspondence, invitations, and materials; and assisting in the oversight of the operating budget for the Office of the President. The Assistant serves on the Emergency Incident Command Team.
This position uses discretion in the dissemination of information and must maintain a high-level of confidentiality.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
- Serve as a point of contact for the Office of the President; respond to inquiries from employees, students and the community exercising initiative, judgement, and independence to facilitate resolution and/or provide advice.
- Perform executive-level clerical and professional support duties which may include complex and confidential activities; plan and manage daily office operations; ongoing development and implementation of new opportunities, technologies, practices, and systems to improve the operation and effectiveness of the Office of the President.
- Serve as liaison to the President's internal and external community; respond appropriately and effectively to inquiries via phone, email and one-on-one meetings.
- Manage the President's calendar, facilitate and steward effective time management; communicate regularly with the President regarding scheduling priorities.
- Arrange all Cabinet, College Leadership and Advisory Council meetings; develop agendas under the guidance of the Chief of Staff and President; attend meetings to take notes; distribute meeting minutes.
- Develop itineraries and arrange travel for the President in accordance with State Fiscal and Travel Rules.
- Track, anticipate, and prepare for upcoming deadlines, events and agenda items that require action by the president and aid the Chief of Staff in these matters.
- Prepare and/or format correspondence and documents for the President; maintain traditional and/or electronic files of all correspondence, reports and materials related to the Office of the President and College Advisory Council.
- Assist with orientation for new members of the President's executive leadership team; develop onboarding schedules.
- Keep the Chief of Staff and President abreast of daily issues and time sensitive matters; provide timely operational decision making on a regular basis on behalf of the President.
- Manage and reconcile financial transactions and budget for the Office of the President.
- Plan events and receptions with external organizations; select venues, coordinate catering arrangements and menu selection; manage guest list.
- Assist the Chief of Staff and President in the development and preparation of presentations and reports.
- Monitor work-related documentation pertaining to the President's direct reports.
- Work closely with the Community College of Aurora Foundation staff on internal and external affairs requiring the President's attention; schedule visits with donors and/or prospective donors; coordinate table sponsorships with Foundation Executive Director.
- Serve as a liaison for College Advisory Council; track member terms and prepare nomination and reappointment materials for submission to the Colorado Community College System for State Board approval.
- Review all items for the President's signature to ensure accuracy and compliance with State Board policies, College guidelines and governing statutes; track approval flow for items needing President and/or Colorado Community College System approval.
- Assist the Office of the President with preparations for Higher Learning Commission accreditation visits; coordinate all travel and overall hospitality logistics for visiting team; develop meeting schedules; reserve meeting rooms and plan for seating and technology as requested.
- Serve as Celebration committee co-chair coordinating multiple college-wide in-person and virtual events; arrange activities; set budget and monitor expenses for events on behalf of the Office of the President.
- Serve on the Commencement committee; assist with overall planning, serve as liaison for dignitaries; keep President apprised of progress and details.
- Serve on college committees as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of current practices and trends in higher education, organizational development, office management and emergency management protocols.
- Advanced proficiency with software including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, as well as technology used for meeting purposes including but not limited to, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and WebEx.
- Work independently and collaboratively, adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with frequent interruption.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines; and coordinate and monitor complex projects and activities;
- Handle sensitive or difficult situations while maintaining confidentiality.
- Effective oral, written, and communication.
- Establish and maintain cooperative, welcoming working relationships with a diverse population in the course of performing assigned duties.
- Demonstrate accuracy and dependability in the work environment, with a strong attention to detail.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Two (2) years relevant professional experience (4+ years of experience can be substituted for required degree).
- Office and administrative support experience providing project/events management, records management and budget management.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Evidence of excellent customer service skills.
- Evidence of effective oral and written communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, creative, and flexible individual.
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others.
- Experience working with diverse populations and a commitment to fostering inclusive and equitable environments.
Salary Range:Â Anticipated starting salary range: $55,000 .00-$58,000.00. This salary is determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan, including generous leave, holiday, and education benefits. Full time employees immediately upon hire earn 15 hours a month annual leave and 10 hours a month sick leave.
Deadline to Submit Application Material:Â An initial review of applications will begin on Monday, February 13 2023.
Application Process:Â When submitting your online application, please include a cover letter, current resume, and professional references. Official transcripts showing the highest degree achieved should be submitted to HR@ccaurora.edu upon offer of employment. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at HR@ccaurora.edu.
By applying for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of their knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
Complete Applications must include the following documents:
- A complete online application
- A cover letter that describes how your experience aligns with the minimum and preferred qualifications of this position
- A current resume uploaded as an attachment to your online application
- Candidates identified as finalists must provide three to five professional references, at least two of which must include a current direct supervisor and most recent supervisor. If you cannot provide two supervisor references, an opportunity will be afforded for discussion and consideration of alternative references with the CCA Human Resource Office. Please note, out of professional courtesy to you, we will not contact your current supervisor without first providing notice to you as a candidate and only when a contingent offer is pending in order to protect the confidentiality of your application to the full extent possible.
- If you are using education to qualify, a copy of your official or unofficial transcript showing that your degree has been conferred and the name of your school, or your NACES accreditation. Please submit this as an attachment to your online application
- For any questions or technical issues please contact HR@CCAurora.ed
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work (Download PDF reader) n the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Individuals currently or formerly employed by the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, and/or who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
- For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
Colorado Residency Requirement:
Eligible applicants must be either a current Colorado resident or be able to provide proof of residency in Colorado within 30 days of the start date for the position, or they may be deemed ineligible for employment with the Community College of Aurora. Please contact HR@CCAurora.edu with any questions.
Community College of Aurora Inclusive Excellence Statement:
CCA embraces Inclusive Excellence because we want our students, staff, and faculty to learn and contribute within an inclusive environment. This means members of our college community will be active, respectful, and mindful of equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels of engagementÂ .
Inclusive Excellence will provide a foundation for student and institutional success. Recognizing our diversity is only the first step toward Inclusive Excellence.
We must also be intentional in valuing cultural differences and experiences, while incorporating them into practices, curricula, and policies.
Welcoming, Respectful, Inclusive - Together, we are CCA.
The Federal Clery Act:Â (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at the Student Right to Know page. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Robert Callaway at 303-360-4733 or Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Pregnancy Related Accommodations, Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA):Â The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA), allows applicants to request a reasonable accommodation for health conditions related to pregnancy or the physical recovery from childbirth. Candidates wishing to request reasonable accommodations must do so as soon as possible, preferably at least three days prior to the exam or interview. If you are an individual who wishes to request reasonable accommodations, please contact us at 303-360-4733 or Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu.
Non-Discrimination Statement:Â The Community College of Aurora prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu
To apply, please visitÂ https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/auroraccco/jobs/3906792/assistant-to-the-president
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*