132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 22 New Jobs Today.
Post Doc Fellow, College of Pharmacy
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be considered for a position with more than one opening. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
Postdoctoral fellow positions are immediately available in the laboratory of Dr. Bingfang Yan at the University of Cincinnati (UC) James L Winkle College of Pharmacy to study drug metabolism, drug safety, nuclear receptor biology and transcriptional regulation. The UC Academic Health Center and the affiliated Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center provide an outstanding biomedical research community. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to learn cutting-edge technologies and enjoy the multicultural life in the Cincinnati metropolitan area.
- Participate in Pharmaceutical sciences projects involving molecular technologies, 3D cell culture, mass-spectrometric analysis and/or nantechnology.
- Support research projects through original & individual research activities evolving from the tops addressed above.
- Collaborate with team members and management of research facilities, to include faculty and staff.
- Provide supervision and training for junior research associates in lab.
Doctoral Degree in the appropriate field or discipline, or the recognized terminal degree, or the equivalent foreign equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of specialized field, process or discipline.
- May require experience with specialized software programs.
- Prior laboratory experience in one of the following areas is also required: molecular techniques (e.g., cloning and single cell RNAseq), 3-D cell culture, and mass-spectrometric analysis.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Ph.D. degree in biomedical or pharmacological sciences.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Sitting - Continuously
- Brief description of research interests/experience (no more than 1 page).
- Names & contact information of three (3) references.
- Please use the Additional Documents option for these items.
For questions regarding this position, please contact: Dr. Bingfang Yan, D.V.M., Ph.D., Associate Dean for Research and Innovation, Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy, University of Cincinnati, Email: email@example.com
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*