Chief Advancement Officer
PHALEN LEADERSHIP ACADEMIES
Chief Advancement Officer
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer/Founder, the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) will lead our development department with the key responsibility of raising $32M from funding sources to support the vision and mission of Phalen Leadership Academies
Essential Job Task:
- Responsible for 100% retention of existing donors
- Responsible for identifying and securing new revenue streams to support the ongoing success of PLAs work with a specific focus on philanthropy, foundation, and individual giving
- Initiate, cultivate, and extend strategic relationships with the organization’s portfolio of individual, foundation, and corporate supporters, emphasizing developing new partnerships.
- Secure face-to-face visits and site visits with prospective donors
- Develop and implement a strategic plan ensuring that funds are raised in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner
- Motivate and satisfy current donors through ongoing (i.e., quarterly newsletter) communication and regular updates, growing current donor giving by 15%
- Develop and lead opportunities to demonstrate Phalen Leadership Academies’ work, creating genuine ways to display the vital impact made through contributions
- Serve as a spokesperson for the organization with the ability to articulate our mission to external constituents, partner organizations, and potential funders
- Effectively act as a key leader and critical thought partner on the senior leadership team
- Set clear expectations for performance and support team members in achieving their individual and collective goals
- Coach and develop direct reports to be effective in their roles, including prospecting, reporting, and developing robust prospect pipelines for all regions and programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Raise $32M annually
- Lead and coach the development team to achieve philanthropic goals
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Proven track record of fundraising success, particularly by securing major gifts, successfully managing campaigns, and engaging a community of motivated supporters
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of increasing responsibility in non-profit fundraising, preferably within an independent school
- Excellent managerial skills, including at least three years of experience, in successfully managing development staff.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment
- Working knowledge of development best practices, trends in (independent school) education and development, fundraising tools, and technology, including donor databases, e-mail, online campaigns, and donor research.
- Deep appreciation and understanding of the PLA’s Core Values
- Excellent Communication skills
WHO ARE WE?
At PLA, we share an unwavering belief and passion for educating and empowering scholars from under-served communities driven by our Core Values: children first, respect, determination, continuous improvement, and gratitude. Our approach to leading successful schools builds on over 20 years of experience running educational programs for children, the latest scientific research, and the nation's best practices.
To create this kind of vibrant learning community, we hire only the best educators & industry leaders and invest heavily in our faculty through ongoing professional development and support. We value people like you, people with a dedication to excellence and a passion for helping all our scholars develop the knowledge, skills, and character necessary to succeed while fueling their future aspirations.
PLA is an equal-opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify in all states that require it.
Please read carefully.
Phalen Leadership Academies (PLA) is an equal opportunity employer. PLA does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
By completing this application you understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for PLA to hire me. If hired, I understand that either PLA or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of PLA has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
You attest by applying to this position that you have given PLA true and complete information on this application. No requested information has been concealed. I authorize PLA to contact references provided for employment reference checks. If any information I have provided is untrue, or if I have concealed material information, I understand that this will constitute cause for the denial of employment or immediate dismissal.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*