Intern, Human Resources Information System
Intern, Human Resources Information System
Full Job Description
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The American Heart Associationâ€™s Internship Program provides college students an opportunity for hands-on experience in various facets for individuals interested in gaining work experience with a non-profit, voluntary health organization. During your internship you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of duties related to Human Resource technology, reporting, business processes and procedures, as well as special projects. You will be exposed to data audits, analysis, systems testing and configuration. Human Resources projects will be assigned to provide a variety of exposure to a career in Human Resources technology and Human Resources services utilizing a shared services model.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valuedâ„¢ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
- Time Commitment: 20-25 hours per week
- Internship Duration: 1/17/2023 â€“ 5/5/2023
- Remote Position
- Receive exposure to the Human Resources Informational Systems profession, including data integration, reporting, Human Resources processes and best practices utilizing Workday and ADP.
- Gain experience of key business processes of a non-profit organization, with international presence.
- Assist in the Workday scheduled upgrade on assigned segments of the project
- Support and perform testing scripts, run through the review and analysis of documentation and system databases
- Interact and engage with different stakeholders during the day-to-day operations of the shared services team
- Analyze data, using technology to support decision making
- Working toward a Bachelorâ€™s or Masterâ€™s degree in Human Resources, Data Science, Business/Administration, Information Systems, or related field with an interest in HRIS/Human Resources Profession.
- Desire to learn the principles and practices of Human Resources
- Desire to be exposed to advance technology, including Workday and ADP systems.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, problem-solving, and solutions-oriented approach
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and seek assistance in a timely manner
- Teamwork skills and the ability to work with other staff, taking project direction quickly
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Must be knowledgeable in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including professional interaction with colleagues.
- Minimum availability 20hrs/wk, M-F during normal business hours
- Required Equipment:
- Reliable WiFi Connection
A cover letter is recommended to explain why an internship at the American Heart Association appeals to you.
So, are you ready to intern for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke, and other cardiovascular diseases?
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation and PerformanceÂ â€“ Attracting talented, committed interns means offering competitive compensation, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
- Professional Development â€“Â You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Associationâ€™s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
The American Heart Associationâ€™s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills?Â Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted DateÂ 13 hours agoÂ (11/30/2022 5:24 PM)
Requisition IDÂ 2022-9663
Job CategoryÂ Human Resources
Position TypeÂ Part Time
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*