This job has Expired
Assistant Professor - Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Technology
The Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Technology Department at Vermont Technical College invites applications for a Tenure Track Assistant Professor position focusing on Manufacturing to begin in January 2023.
The Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering Technology program prepares graduates for a career applying technical knowledge and leadership skills to contribute to manufacturing competitiveness through process and systems design, operations, quality, continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, and sustainability.Â Graduates are prepared to employ strong communication, leadership, and teamwork skills and participate productively on professional teams and to develop and continuously improve in a career in manufacturing or a related field.
The Manufacturing Engineering Technology program is part of the Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering Technology department.Â The department has had a professor with a strong focus on manufacturing, but that person is leaving to pursue another opportunity.Â While other members of the department are very significantly involved in the Manufacturing program and teach some of the courses, their primary strengths lie in other areas.Â We need to find someone for whom manufacturing is their core area of expertise to be the heart of this program.
Note: additional information about the Manufacturing Engineering Technology program and Vermont Technical College may be viewed at the Vermont Tech website,Â www.vtc.eduÂ
- Teach at the undergraduate level in the area of manufacturing engineering technology, which may include:
- Product design and production
- Jig and fixture design
- Computer-aided design
- Traditional machine tools â€“ manual mill, lathe, etc
- Advanced manufacturing and automation (industrial robotics)
- Manufacturing capstone courses
- CNC machining
- Other subjects in the field of manufacturing
- Perform industry and community outreach
- Developing partnerships with regional industry and working closely with the program advisory board are critical responsibilities.
- Department and Laboratory contributions
- Manage manufacturing labs:
- Requisition necessary equipment, supplies, and classroom materials.
- Assist in the maintenance of physical facilities and resources to ensure safe and effective instruction.
- Perform routine maintenance and trouble-shooting on manufacturing laboratory equipment.
- Assist with setup and breakdown of class and lab equipment.
- Clean and organize tools and machines as needed.
- Oversee lab technician as they assist students with lab activities and projects.
- Perform assessment activities intended to maintain accreditation.
- Develop curriculum as needed.
- Manage manufacturing labs:
- College responsibilities
- Serve the college community by participating in committees, student advising, recruitment, student competitions, and etc.
- Professional development
- Stay current in the manufacturing field by attending conferences and continuing education courses.
- Work to develop and maintain teaching effectiveness.
The candidate is required to have professional experience in manufacturing, ideally as a manufacturing engineer.Â Experience as a machinist, tool maker or CNC programmer/operator will also be very valuable.Â A Master's degree or B.S. degree and PE license is preferred. Â Prior teaching experience is highly desirable.
Most courses will include the production, by students, of physical objects, so hands-on skills are very important â€“ these are not paper projects.Â
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled or by date specified. However, applications received after the initial screening will be considered at the discretion of the College.
Vermont Tech strongly encourages applications from members of ethnic minority groups and otherÂ under-represented backgrounds. Vermont Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member ofÂ the Vermont State Colleges system. In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonableÂ accommodations for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant.
NOTE: This job is subject to a fingerprint-supported criminalÂ background check. Any offer of employment is contingent upon theÂ satisfactory results of this check.
Based on qualifications and experience as defined by VSC-VSCFF Bargaining Unit Agreement.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
Cover Letter of Interest
College Transcripts from all institutions conferring degrees,Â Â official transcripts will be required if hired.
All application materialsÂ must be submitted via this online process. We regret we are unable to accept applications or resumes submitted via mail, email, or fax.Â You will need to upload your resume or CV, cover letter, and other supporting materials; for best results all documents should be in PDF format.Â
As you are submitting your application via this online process, please assure you provide an accurate email address. You will then receive an acknowledgment indicating your application materials have been received.Â We ask that you do not call or send an email message to the Human Resources office regarding the status of your application.
If you experience difficulty submitting your resume or cover letter, pleaseÂ click on the Contact our Help Desk link and a technical representative will respond to your request.
Masters or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*