132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Strategic Sourcing and Contracts Manager
Strategic Sourcing and Contracts Manager
Job ID: 28919
Location: 10 Brookline Place West, Brookline, MA 02445
Category: Purchasing/Materials Management
Employment Type: Full time
Work Location: Full Remote: 4-5 days remote/wk
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Understands, communicates, and effectively promotes a user based customer service approach and the value proposition of the Strategic Souring organization.
- Develops, negotiates and approves contracts/agreements within purview in accordance with DFCI wide strategies.
- Prepare, issue, and manage RFI, RFQ, and RFP process; evaluate proposals; make recommendation/selection using internal and external sources and technology.
- Work closely with Group Purchasing Organizations to leverage 100 million of purchase power.
- Assures compliance with regulatory mandates of the appropriate Federal, State and City governmental agencies, TJC and rules and regulations of DFCI.
- Work collaboratively with customers and suppliers to focus efforts on the areas of greatest return.
- Implement and maintain appropriate strategic program that improves the performance of the Institute's supply base and leverages the aggregated data from artificial intelligent systems.
- Work closely and proactively with key stakeholders to plan, prioritize, and implement sourcing programs that contribute to Institute's strategic objectives.
- Consults with leadership on operational areas of weakness (i.e. financial control, customer satisfaction, cycle times, etc.) and implements appropriate short and long-term remedies.
- Acquires, analyzes, and reports on category specific consumption data, sourcing effectiveness, and compliance to negotiated agreements.
- Works closely with administration and key department heads to provide visibility and lead role into negotiating contracts.
- Develop, enhance and influence the sourcing process within the Institute to drive operating efficiencies and cost containment.
- Assesses vendor performance including the development of meaningful technical and financial objectives (Scorecard) that are measurable and achievable.
- Works collaboratively with the purchasing team and leadership to develop and maintain department policies and procedures.
- Focus on industry best practices and maintain metric report.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of applicable policy, regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in strategic sourcing required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or Management preferred. MBA desirable.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) preferred.
- Strong personal computing skills, knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in the use of ERP technology to examine and analyze data to evaluate the results of sourcing strategies and implement appropriate program changes; PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational, customer service, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in healthcare or life sciences environment preferred.
- Experience in designing and implementing SMI/JIT programs preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Skilled in consensus building, project management and mentoring of direct report.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and build organizational relationships.
- Customer centric focus.
- The ability to work under pressure, often to tight and changing deadlines.
- A flexible approach to working hours when required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Calm and approachable nature with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities and styles.
- Record of leading process improvement efforts and gaining stated objectives on time and within budget.
- Integrity, professionalism, optimism and energy.
- Self starter with exceptional problem solving skills and results-driven orientation.
- Experience in conducting industry and product research through a variety of sources, such as suppliers' financial statements, industry reports, competitor analysis, etc., and the ability to synthesize information and present it in a format desired and understood by the listener.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in negotiation of supplier contracts that will ensure goods and services meet standards in delivery, cost, quality, and service, and will meet specifications and ethical standards of the Institute.
- Specific experience in pricing agreements, supplier and product synergy initiatives, market research and analysis, supply chain optimization and effective negotiation tactics.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission At to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*