9 Month Cosmetology Faculty
This is a 9-month full-time faculty position (176 days/year) in the Cosmetology program at Klamath Community College. The Cosmetology faculty develop, implement, and evaluate the cosmetology program on an ongoing basis. This position participates in selecting students, advising students, curriculum development, program revisions, program evaluations, textbook selection, teaching in the classroom, clinical and simulation lab settings, evaluation of student achievement, and other matters as assigned in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of the college. In addition to teaching, faculty participate in college activities, committees, and other duties to support the mission and initiatives of the college.
Examples of Duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Design and implement learning strategies for students.
- Teach generally between 56 and 59 credits per annum (across four terms) at an approximate class size of twenty-five students per section across the entire year for on-line and face to face lecture and lab classes
- Teach assigned classes in accordance with current course content and learning outcomes and as outlined by the college.
- Evaluate, assess, and track student academic achievement.
- Modify teaching style based on assessment results and professional development experiences.
- Analyze assessment data, and document modifications made to teaching based on that data.
- Cultivate a variety of teaching styles in order to provide quality learning experiences to a diverse student population.
- Post and maintain office hours, with a minimum of one conference hour per week, per course.
- Establish instructional standards in accordance with academic policies, and inform students via syllabi of such standards and policies.
- Review and update course content and outcome guides and syllabi in cooperation with others.
Review and maintain the integrity of the curriculum offered by the discipline/program.
- Maintain certificates and/or licenses necessary for employment eligibility.
- Maintain acceptable standards of conduct for the profession.
- Acquire new skills for program/discipline enhancement and development.
- Identify and attend professional development activities that will lead to effective student learning.
Participate in college activities, committees, and other duties that support the mission and initiatives of the college.
- Participate in evaluative process for self, department, and program.
- Participate in departmental or discipline-specific meetings to provide guidance and subject matter expertise for the college’s strategic and academic planning, including accreditation.
- Participate in college committee work as assigned.
- Attend commencement and other college-sponsored programs as requested.
- Promote the college mission, values, and vision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally both orally and in writing.
- Strong computer and information literacy skills.
- Commitment to the effective use of technology in face-to-face, online, hybrid, and synchronous learning environments.
- Current knowledge teaching and learning theories and best practices.
- Teaching experience in a community college setting preferred.
- Knowledge of the Canvas learning management system preferred.
- Experience teaching distance education courses preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Frequently moving from stationary sitting positions to standing and walking.
LICENSURE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
- Current Oregon license in cosmetology, hair design, esthetics, and nail technology
- Oregon teaching certificate in cosmetology, hair design, esthetics, and nail technology
- At least three (3) years industry experience
- Experience with in-service education or classroom and clinical instruction
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*