132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
Proposal Manager for Civil Space Mission Area
Are you searching for meaningful work in writing or managing proposals and seeing the final product from start to finish?
Are you passionate about working Space Mission Proposals?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We are seeking a Proposal Manager to help us make critical contributions to NASA and international missions to meet the challenges of space exploration. Our work includes conducting research and space science; development and application of space science, engineering, and technology; and production of one-of-a-kind spacecraft, instruments, and subsystems.
The Space Exploration Sector of APL develops complex proposals in response to competitive solicitations and sole source efforts in response to Announcement of Opportunities (AOs), Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs), and research grant opportunities. These proposals range from large spacecraft missions in excess of $1B, to medium instruments and studies, to small research grants and other strategic initiatives.
We are augmenting our Civil Space proposal management team with a new Proposal Manager position. The proposal manager will be a member of the Civil Space Mission Area’s Formulation and New Opportunities section. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. In this role, you will:
- Manage the competitive proposal implementation process to produce 100% compliant and compelling proposals. Provide subject matter expertise, guidance, and assistance to proposal authors and proposal team members;
- Participate in the development and review of proposal strategies and themes, and develop proposal management plans;
- Review and analyze solicitation and related documents;
- Support advanced concept and pre-proposal development efforts;
- Lead effective storyboarding and development of strategic win themes and discriminators;
- Create the proposal outline and compliance matrix to direct the proposal development process;
- Oversee volume leads/section managers/coordinators/production managers;
- Consult and/or participate in proposal writing activities;
- Set and manage proposal schedules/plans/deadlines/progress monitoring/color review teams;
- Oversee the review, tailoring, and crafting of content to align with solicitations;
- Obtain (or advises managers regarding the need for) proposal staffing and other resources;
- Oversee configuration management and version control;
- Enforce compliance with APL procedures, policies, and processes;
- Review proposal draft and final versions for responsiveness to RFP, thoroughness, accuracy, staffing, financial considerations, quality, design, and layout;
- Conduct lessons learned to produce process improvement and achieve higher success rates; and
- Edit and produce related business development artifacts and products, such as white papers, RFI responses, presentations, and fact sheets.
- Participate in regular meetings with the Mission Area leadership, and report progress and updates to the proposal management team and the Formulation and New Opportunities section lead.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
? Possess a BS or BA degree in a related field;
? Have 10+ years of Aerospace/Intelligence/DOD experience, with 3+ years of experience working in proposal management;
? Have demonstrated success delivering winning proposals >$10M;
? Demonstrate advanced Microsoft Office (especially Word) skills and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop);
? Have strong experience with fixed-price proposals and/or contracts;
? Can translate technical information into documents for both technical and non-technical audiences;
? Are willing and able to sit in an office environment for long periods of time, work in a team environment and work extra hours/weekends;
? Have strong leadership skills;
? Possess excellent reading, comprehension, and technical writing skills;
? Can collaborate and work as a team leader, with dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management and a variety of staff members;
? Are able to obtain a Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
? Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
? Have a STEM degree (engineering, math, physical sciences) and/or an advanced degree in related field;
? Have management or supervisory experience;
? Have experience with proposing to NASA solicitations;
? Hold an APMP Accreditation;
? Have experience in both large and small business environments;
? Are experienced with APL processes, practices and tools.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*